Thursday, April 28, 2011

Getting back into WHFB


It's been a long time since I broke out my High Elves and put them on the table.  I have to be honest, I haven't really had much fun with WHFB 8th Ed.  With the huge emphasis on horde-formation units, overly powerful magic spells, pre-measuring and random charges, it's pretty much a different animal from what I enjoyed in 7th Ed.  Don't get me wrong, 7th Ed. was filled with horrible things too.  These things were Daemons, VC and Dark Elves.  What's the difference between the two?  One was army books in the standard codex creep mannerisms that GW is known for and the other is the core rules the govern the entire edition.  It was the army books that caused a lot of the headaches for me, not the actual game rules.  If anything, only the magic rules needed a slight tweak.

What about you guys?  How is Fantasy doing in your area?  What do you like about 8th that's keeping you in the game?  I still have some friends that play, so I'm probably going to throw down next week and see how it goes.

Btw, here's the rankings for SCGT:


PS - I'm still on overtime.. so that's why I haven't been posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment