Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Armada: First Wave 2 Vassal tournament!

Alright boys, it's time to party.

So like the title says, the first major Vassal tournament is underway and there's 28 participants (I think).  This is important because this is the first big tournament of the new expansion with a good number of participants.  It's also an international tournament so it's like playing pseudo worlds, where everyone has a different meta and you never know who you're playing.  Lastly, everyone who thought they got Wave 2 figured out will be testing out their theories and setups for all to see.  This is truly exciting times in the days to come, and you can bet your ass that I'll be covering all of my games with battle reports.

This is the list that I'll be bringing to the tournament.  We are supposed to keep our objectives secret, so I'll reveal that once the tournament actually starts for me.

Ackbar's Whaling Fleet 
Author: HERO
Faction: Rebel Alliance 
Points: 391/400 
Commander: Admiral Ackbar

[ flagship ] MC80 Command Cruiser (106 points)
-  Admiral Ackbar  ( 38  points) 
-  Home One  ( 7  points) 
-  Intel Officer  ( 7  points) 
-  Engine Techs  ( 8  points) 
-  Electronic Countermeasures  ( 7  points) 
-  XI7 Turbolasers  ( 6  points) 
-  Leading Shots  ( 4  points) 

Assault Frigate Mark II B (72 points)
-  Intel Officer  ( 7  points) 
-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points) 
-  Electronic Countermeasures  ( 7  points) 
-  XI7 Turbolasers  ( 6  points) 

CR90 Corvette A (44 points)
-  Jaina's Light  ( 2  points) 
-  Turbolaser Reroute Circuits  ( 7  points) 

1 Dash Rendar ( 24 points) 
2 YT-2400s ( 32 points) 

You can tell right away that this is slightly different the list I had before.  I dropped Leia Organa from the Jaina's Light and I took YT-2400s over the A-Wings because I wanted greater command flexibility.  Overall, this gave me a 4 point higher initiative bid without actually losing much effectiveness.  At one point, I was debating dropping Leia and maybe taking Tycho over a standard A-Wing, but I didn't feel comfortable sitting at 397 with a squadron-heavy meta when I'm running pretty fighter light.  The goal for me in those matchups will be to concentrate heavily on destroying the enemy ships and just hoping that Dash and the boys will be able to deal as much damage to the bombers as possible before they get blown to hell.

I've been playing with relatively the same MC80 in all of my games so I'm very comfortable driving this ship now.  Overall, I'm very happy about how this list has evolved and performed over the last couple of weeks and I'm eager to give it a try in a full-blown competitive environment.  GL HF!

No comments:

Post a Comment