Wednesday, January 6, 2016

X-Wing: Let's try out Bobabots

Broba is coming out to play!

Happy New Year everyone, and welcome back.  This year, I want to do something different.  I've decided to set aside two days of the week where I can play some minis and I think I'll do X-Wing one day and Armada the other.  I just got back from vacation and I didn't get a chance to try out my Poe list yet, but I know it's going to be just fine.  Over the break, I played a bunch of Empire at War and I honestly miss playing the CIS.  That got me thinking..

What if I tried a list that looks something like this?

99 Bobabots

IG-88B — Aggressor 36
Veteran Instincts 1
Advanced Sensors 3
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Inertial Dampeners 1
Autothrusters 2
Ship Total: 50
 
Boba Fett (Scum) — Firespray-31 39
Veteran Instincts 1
Flechette Cannon 2
Tactician 2
Inertial Dampeners 1
Engine Upgrade 4
Ship Total: 49

Like the name?  I just thought of it and it kinda sounds like one of those asian drinks.  Or should we go with Broba?  That's just ridiculous.

As for the list, let's talk about Advanced Sensors.  I would take it on every ship if I can and I had enough points, but the fact that that IG-2000s have the ability to take them is freaking amazing.  I know that most players put FCS on them so they can shoot multiple accurate shots with the HLC, but the flexibility of being able to Focus and then S-Loop or K-Turn is really amazing.  I just love being able to have Focus no matter what, especially when the ship has 3s in both offense and defense.  Since the IG-88B already has a pseudo gunner, I decided to just roll with VI to beat out other bots and Dash as a meta choice.  However, this still has me questioning: Is PS6 fine enough at it is?  Is it worth replacing VI with something like PTL?  PTL with Advanced Sensors is out of control, being able to double stack Focus/Evade while clearing greens is deity-level good.

Next to join the party is Boba Fett in his Firespray.  I put VI on him because PS10 is all the rage these days, being a meta-pick primarily to crap on PS9 aces.  The Tactician and Flechette Cannon allows me to pile on some easy stress tokens while Engine Upgrade is pretty standard these days on almost all Firesprays.  PS10 Tactician is a very nice thing to have and being able to inflict multiple stress tokens for almost free can be insanely good against the action-reliant pilots out there like Poe and Fel.

So what do you guys think?  What should I change if anything?  I'm eager to try the list and I already ordered a pair of bots to play around but I need to get my hands on one of these Flechette Cannons.

No comments:

Post a Comment